Wednesday, February 19, 2014




Kannawidan: Ylocos Festival




            showcase what they have their products and their talents. And for this the government of Ilocos Sur organized a festival to showcase what Iloconos have. This festival was called “KANNAWIDAN: YLOCOS FESTIVAL”. These will the culture, traditions and roducts of all the municipalities and cities of Ilocos Sur.
          Us CAT Officers and the COLT trainees were required to attend the opening program at stadium. The ceremony started late because we waited for Sen. Cynthia Villar as our guest. Talents were showcased during this day. Many  had showcased the Ilocano dance which is tadet. They told that it is the ancient dance of Ilocos.  I was inspired with this. They were all performed well. I am proud that I am an Ilokano. I with my COLT friends went around the stadium to see the products of the municipalities and cities of Ilocos Sur. I saw the bigget animals, vegetables and foods of Ilocos Sur. It is a contestant for which is the biggest of all.
          Many activities were also conducted to celebrate this festival. Every government agencies have contests. For the Agriculture is the “pinaka”. This will be judged according Ilokanos were creative. They want to be lifted up like other tribes. They want to
to their characteristics. They have also the competition for the Nasisiglat Ilokanos. I am proud to say that my mother were one who are awarded during the “Pammadayaw kadagiti Nasisiglat.” She ranked as second runner-up.

          I am proud that I am an Ilokano coz Ilokanos were very talented. Thir not only Kuripot as what they say but also intelligent and talented. We Ilokanos should be peoud of our culture, traditions and all what we had. And lastly I salute all the heroes who fought for Ilocos and also with our government headed by Gov. Ryan Singson.

No comments:

Post a Comment